[tirrigh-heralds] Name conflicts/permission to conflict

Richenda du Jardin richenda.du.jardin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 18:29:56 PST 2012

A person can grant as much permission to conflict with their armory or
name as they want.  With names, that is often a close to identical name.
What your "Anne" will need is a letter of permission to conflict from
each of the registered Anne/Ann's.  You can find a model letter in
Appendix D. In general, people will grant permission to conflict as long
as the name is similar, but not identical to - but there have been a few
exceptions.

Let me know if you need help contacting the other Anne/Ann's - I have
heraldic friends in most kingdoms and am usually pretty good at tracking
people down.

Richenda