[tirrigh-heralds] Name conflicts/permission to conflict

Basil BasilD at lavabit.com
Wed Dec 19 17:17:38 PST 2012

Joan Kew wrote:
> Greetings!
<snip>

> I know that no two badges or devices can be identical, but I
> couldn't find any rules on names. If someone could direct me to it,
> or offer advice on this one, I'd really appreciate it.

You'll find it in SENA at GP.1.A: "...to provide sufficient difference
from names and armory registered within the Society to avoid undue
confusion, to avoid the appearance of unearned honors or false claims,..."

Also, SENA GP.1.B.2: "A submission should not cause confusion, create
a false claim, nor usurp identity or armory...." NB: a "submission" is
not limited to armory; a proposed name is a submission.

~~Basil Dragonstrike

Every dream has a blind side, a trapdoor that's tripped by doubt --
Webb Wilder, "The Rest (Will Take Care of Itself)"

Peritia zmaragdus est; sapientia adamās est. Comparāvistine impensae
eārum nūper?

THIS LIFE IS ONLY A TEST.
In the event of a Real Life you would be told where to go and what to do.
THIS IS A TEST. REPEAT: THIS IS ONLY A TEST.