[tirrigh-heralds] Name conflicts/permission to conflict

Joan Kew bogfairy at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 19 13:21:47 PST 2012

Greetings!

I have been speaking with someone who would like to submit her name for registration, but there is a conflict. The proposed name is Anne Grey. There are already two others that I have found in other kingdoms: Anne Greye and Anne Gray.

"My" Anne would really like to approach the other Annes to ask for permission to conflict but I'm not sure that it is normal procedure with names. I'm assuming the alternative would be to add another element to her name.

I know that no two badges or devices can be identical, but I couldn't find any rules on names. If someone could direct me to it, or offer advice on this one, I'd really appreciate it.

YIS,
Hawise Blue Inkhorn