[tirrigh-heralds] Plausibility of surname Orkneyskaia

Joan Kew bogfairy at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 13 06:46:24 PDT 2012

Take 3, to the list AND opining on the right message ... can I go back to bed now?

I don't have a learned opinion, but I have some questions. (*:

First (for Dori), what is her chosen time period?

Second (for anyone), if her time period involved a different spelling of Orkney, would that spelling have to be incorporated into the name, or would the modern spelling be [SCA] permissible?

Hawise