[tirrigh-heralds] Plausibility of surname Orkneyskaia

Morel Carr Zupanic bear_necessities at telus.net
Thu Jun 14 00:35:57 PDT 2012

Basil wrote:
Please remember, we do not register personae stories. That is, no
matter how tricky &/or well written as excuse may be, the CoA will
only register *likely*, *common* language mixes. ;-)
**********************

I understand that. And the Varangians in Russia were well documented during
that time period, which was a few centuries long, so to me, this is more
than a persona story, but a plausible explanation as to why this might have
worked (like the Black Irish).  There was even a Russian princess during
that time, with a Norse name (Rogned).  My client happens to like that name,
so now we are going in a different direction, and going with Rogned
Orkneyski, if I can find other documentation of Rogned as a feminine Norse
name.  I haven't looked far yet, so there's still hope!

Thanks, Basil.

Dori