[tirrigh-heralds] Conflict check please

Basil BasilD at lavabit.com
Wed Jul 10 17:38:58 PDT 2013

On 7/10/2013 4:42 PM, Joan Kew wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I would welcome any opinions on whether or not this device and/or
> badge is free of conflicts. I suspect that there is a potential
> conflict for the badge, which I've mentioned below. I *think* the
> device is okay.
>
> Device: Azure, a sunflower and on a base Or a cauldron sable.

I didn't find any conflict.

> Badge: (Fieldless) On a cauldron sable  a sunflower.

What tincture is the sunflower?

The Glossary (http://heraldry.sca.org/coagloss.html) doesn't list a
default tincture for a sunflower, so you have to have it in the blazon.

> Does this conflict with Nicole Hardel le Noreys: (Fieldless) On a
> cauldron sable a mushroom Or.

No. There's one DC for fieldlessness and another for changing the type
of the tertiary charge.

I didn't find any conflict.

> The sunflower proper is taken and the cauldron itself as well,
> except in gules or purpure, which the client is not crazy about.

Errr... what? "Taken" in what sense? (Oh, and remember, there's no
proper for sunflowers)

~~Basil Dragonstrike

Peritia zmaragdus est; sapientia adamās est. Comparāvistine impensae
eārum nūper?

And it's only the giving that makes you, what you are. -- J. Tull

Disobedience is Mandatory!