[tirrigh-heralds] Received AA, now I need A

Runescope runescope at shaw.ca
Thu Jun 6 17:42:41 PDT 2013

>You can keep the sun. The design is quite simple enough with it in.
Great!

>However, you'll need to do a bit of redrawing, because at present it's not clear if there's a primary charge group (the sun) between two towers in a secondary charge group, or if it's one primary charge group of a sun and two towers.

I'm not sure I understand the confusion. I think this is what you're talking about?

	Primary Charge Group.
	    The most important group of charges in a piece of armory. In blazons, the primary charge group is usually mentioned immediately after the field (though a strewn charge group is not primary when it is blazoned before a central charge group). If there is a central ordinary lying entirely on the field, it 	is the primary charge. If there is no such central ordinary, then the primary charge group is the set of charges of the same size that lie in the center of the design and directly on the field.

Soo, I think this means that the sun would be the central ordinary right?  And it's not clear if the towers are part of the primary charge group because they are all the same size and in a line?  So if I were to move the sun higher/make it larger, and/or move the towers lower, would that clear it up? If not, I would appreciate some suggestions on how to clear it up.

>If you're confused by some of the lingo I (and others) are slinging around, try the Glossary at:
>http://heraldry.sca.org/coagloss.html

Is there  a glossary for the glossary?  Seriously, there are words that are NOT being used the way they should be, and that's with a fairly good knowledge of 'ye olde english' (for example, I'm aware that the 'y' in 'ye' is actually pronounced like a 'th').  Though I suppose with heraldry being based in French that wouldn't help much.  lol

 Gerry Harris aka ‘Runescope’ aka Thane Greyhaven

The Single Minded Schizophrenic, The Original Unified Committee
The Master of the Brief Infinity,    … Or was that the Infinity Briefs? …

This and all other notifications shall not be misconstrued as an alien invasion, unless said notification is specifically notarized as being an actual alien invasion.

Interested in the Distant Past, and the Far Future
runescope at shaw.ca  runepod at gmail.com runescope at hotmail.com runepad at gmail.com