[tirrigh-heralds] Dimidiation question

Wreath Sovereign of Arms wreath at heraldry.sca.org
Fri Jun 7 12:47:49 PDT 2013

You all might be interested in the May 1980 registration of the following:

Shire of the Shadowlands. Per pale azure and sable, issuant from the line
of division a demi­compass star and a demi­annulet, in base a laurel wreath
Or.

Note: By default, the demi­compass star is a demi­compass star of eight
points and is issuing to the dexter from the line of division at the center
point. Similarly the demi­annulet is issuing to the sinister also from the
center point so that it is conjoined to the demi­star. The laurel wreath
overall in base removes the appearance of dimidiated arms.

Practically ancient history, but interesting nonetheless!

-Emma