[Hartwood] Zuul's application for Hartwood Herald

Edward Verhagen wobbleygoose at yahoo.com.au
Thu Aug 4 12:36:20 PDT 2011

Maybe forward this aplication to Kingdom?

From: Julie MacTíre <redshasta at gmail.com>
Subject: [Hartwood] Zuul's application for Hartwood Herald
To: hartwood at tirrigh.org

To the Shire of Hartwood,

I, Zuul the Gatekeeper of Gozer, wish to submit my application for Herald at this time.  Admittedly, I have much less experience than others of this Shire, having confined my period activities to being the object of worship of various Mesopotamians, Sumerians and Hittites as early as 6000 BC.  As someone well-versed in early human history, I believe I bring valuable experience to the position of Hartwood’s Herald.

Until my re-emergence in 1984 to function as the second half of the pair of demigods who can open the door to allow Gozer the Gozerian access to the human world, I have been largely absent from this dimension.  However, I do not think of this as a negative, but rather as a plus.  Due to my absence, I have not absorbed any erroneous ideas about SCA heraldry or period naming practices and can bring the freshness of new eyes to the position, along with the heady sulphuric smell of the underworld.

My abilities to possess a human form can be very convenient when dealing with Heraldic “red tape” and getting names and devices pushed through quickly.  With my demonic soul inhabiting that of a top-ranking Herald in the SCA when I am not fulfilling duties that require me to be in corporeal form within Hartwood, I can gloss over deviancies from period nomenclature and less-than-three-points-of-difference in heraldic submissions.  Some may say that my methods are “unchivalric”, but I view them more as “strategic”.

Other skills and abilities I bring to the position of Herald are my beast form of Terror Dog, my wall-destruction capabilities and my ability to assist in opening portals to other dimensions.  While they are not specifically supporting the position of Herald, they do help get Council moving along the lines of the schedule.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Forum: http://bluepage.tirrigh.org/BluepagephpBB/

Website: http://hartwood.tirrigh.org/