[Hartwood] SOUTH Hartwood A&S Night (Nanaimo)

Julie MacTíre redshasta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 23:13:31 PDT 2011

While the people in NORTH Hartwood are plotting their devious machinations,
it's up to the people in SOUTH Hartwood to keep up with the Cragmeri- er,
Jones- er those other Hartwoodians and have our own A&S night, which will
be, as usual, Wednesday (tomorrow) August 31 from 6:30 to around 9:30.

Location: 1832 B Latimer Road, Nanaimo (on the right as you face the house,
around the back)

Parking: Along the street is fine; the driveway is already taken by our
landlord and us.

Pets: One smallish dog who is exploding with shedding fur.  While we try to
brush it out, it's possible that it will provide a convenient filter for
your coffee.  Or tea; whatever you prefer.  It imparts a kind of nutty
flavour.  He's friendly with older children and adults; toddlers damage his
calm.

Subject:  As with last time, we just want people to come out.  I'm going to
be working on coptic binding for largesse and maybe some wire weaving if
enough interest is shown.  If there is no interest shown, you'll never see
it, EVER, you ingrates!

Instead of collecting donations at A&S, we're going to encourage people to
bring things to share and will be providing beverages ourselves.

PS From 4-6 at the VIEX, the Bowen Farmers Market is on in the field between
the equestrian paddock and the Centennial Hall/swimming pool buildings.
 Lots of great veggies and there's this woman who sells these chocolate
meringues filled with chocolate mousse which I would kill and taxidermy an
indeterminate amount of loved ones for.  If you're looking to do some
shopping for groceries, that's the place.

PPS  I have a sewing machine. No skill, but the machine is there for anyone
who needs to use it.

PPPS I have decided that lure coursing should be a part of all future
Hartwood camping events.

Scathach!