[Hartwood] Fw: <Archery> Art of war 2012

doerksen at island.net doerksen at island.net
Tue Oct 4 09:51:14 PDT 2011

For the archers!

Halima
--
http://www.island.net/~doerksen/

----- Forwarded message from kldolphin at shaw.ca -----
     Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 08:51:07 -0700
     From: Ken Dolphin <kldolphin at shaw.ca>

----- Original Message -----
From: Carthell, Ed(B/TEC Ltd.)
To: antir-archery at antir.sca.org
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:03 AM
Subject: <Archery> Art of war 2012

Greetings and salutations from Earl Edward Ean Anderson,  I have been
asked to work on the curriculum for the upcoming Art of War (26th thru
the 29th of April 2012) this is a four day event of teaching and
fighting for wars.  The food and housing is provided, all a person
needs to bring is armor and bedding.

  I am asking those of you that would like to help build and shape the
An Tir army (archery elements) to think about teaching a class or
classes.  Each person is sworn to our King to protect and defend the
kingdom here is a way to help each An Tir to be a better at war
archery by stepping up and helping teach a class or help as a field
instructor.

The set up will be classes in the morning (2-3hr) and armor up and
fighting in the afternoon (4-6hr) with after dinner class (1-2hr) or
discussion on the history of a campaign, war or leader.   We will be
teaching two tracks one for the troops and one for the commanders.  So
we will teach skills in the classes then practice the skill in the
afternoon.

What I would like to know is there enough interest to also have an
archery track? Also are there people that would like to teach these
classes and run the field exercises.

If you can teach I will need an outline of any class you would like or
can teach by the 15th of November so that we can have all the class
and a course book out by the mid of December. If you would like to
work as a field instructor I will need a commitment from you also by
15th November.

In service to the crown
Earl Edward Ean Anderson

Ed Carthell