[Hartwood] Tir Righ August Investiture

canzonet3 canzonet3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 23:21:15 PDT 2011

One thing to note:  Even if we *don't* get the bid... simply going through
the exercise of putting one together and submitting it is good in many ways:
1)  Principality bids require a certain format which is good experience for
our local event stewards to see and experience;
2) We're aiming for Baronial status in the next few years:  simply
submitting Principality bids is one of "the list" check-boxes :)
3) Having a successful bid is dependant upon many factors, some of which we
may control, some of which we cannot.  The more we put these bids together
and learn to manipulate the factors, the better our own home-events will
become - experience will transfer.

Keep in mind that on-island bids will usually be the last considered unless:
a) it's been a -long- time since coming to the island
b) no other bid can be drummed up
People do not want to pay ferry costs personally, nor does the Principality
want to pay for the Officers / Royalty to have to come.

For an on-island bid to be successful, especially against competing bids,
the bid needs to be stunning.
Recommend:
a) looking at possibility of discount ferry packages?
b) ferry shuttles for walk-on
c) including TUTR classes at event
d) fundraising event -at- event to help defray cost for travel-fund
e) sca specialty happenings at event (ie. guild challenges / competitions;
demonstrations / workshops; contests)
f) outside specialty happenings at event to help draw interest (ie
http://www.pnwraptors.com/)
g) most of all, the budget must make money for the Principality, not just
break even!

- Cecille