[Hartwood] Seth

Morel Carr Zupanic bear_necessities at telus.net
Wed Sep 28 12:54:06 PDT 2011

Cecille wrote:
> Combining a fighting event/workshop with a TUTR is generally the best of
> both worlds.  It provides something for everyone and gives a reason for
> -all- members of a household to travel to the event.
<snip>
> What is being planned is for a select bunch.  I'd recommend looking at
> expediting ferry for people (but make them come in bunches at specific
> times), lodging, and planning a non-meal tavern night.
>
> If it could be arranged to have a fighting workshop to run alongside,
> that'd
> be awesome: but not a pas.  A pas requires participation from the
> non-fighting populace and that draws away from the TUTR.

Rapier and Heavy tournaments were run alongside last year's Heraldic
Symposium, but there were not very many spectators, as they were all in
class.  For that matter, there weren't a lot of participants either.  I
would like to keep the focus on learning.  Stick to the KIS principle.  Once
we have a venue, we can decide if there can be any fighter-specific classes,
though leather armoring and the like would be as doable as any other class.

There will need to be a meal following classes on Saturday - it can be
either a feast or potluck, and can be organized by someone other than the
event steward - though Kjartan managed that part no problem at this years
TUTR.

Dori