[Hartwood] Armada thanks:

canzonet3 canzonet3 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 21:04:17 PDT 2012

Armada was awesome!  Great participation in the archery competition; the
river - ahhhh!  that was lovely - and if you didn't try the water tilting,
you certainly missed an experience;  intriguing subltety entries; the
children solved riddles and earned their reward; silent auction had some
neat stuff; we picnicked and ate and ate and ate; the bards were in good
voice and cheer; and then we learned archery coaching from Archos John.

It was absolutely fabulous!

And couldn't have happened without the help of the many people.  A great
big "Thank You!" to:
Set up / Take Down:  Halima, Charles, John, Aline, Miranda, Joye, Morel
Archery:  Aline, John
Silent Auction:  Aline
Subtlety: Anicia, Elizabeth, Emma
Boat Races: Scathach, Charles
Family Activities: Joye, Cunegonda, and friends
Bardic: Aleyn, Sgain
Gate:  Halima, Morel, Rheann
Lanterns:  Aline
Substitute "Mom":  Cunegonda:  Joye and I can't thank you enough for
stepping in!
Fully-Armoured: Tristan, Allan: thank you for your generous offer to come
up and MIC / teach a skills workshop for us.  We look forward to doing this
again another time.

Halima, you were wonderful.  Thank you for being site-liason, and for all
the other, many, things you did as co-event steward for this event.  We
made a great team!

As well, thank you to the large contingent from West Hartwood for the
donations of decorations from their personal stores, and to all the people
who helped to transport Hartwood stores to / from the event.   As Master
Aleyn pointed out, having a branch the size of Scotland, does make for some
interesting challenges!

And with all your help, it all pulled together into a great event.  Huzzah!!

- Cecille