[Hartwood] Armada thanks:

Valorie Lennox vlennox at pacificcoast.net
Mon Aug 13 09:13:08 PDT 2012

I have to agree - since it appears I will only make one event this camping
season ... Armada was definately the one not-to-miss.
I had an amazing time and it was soooo relaxing to escape the clock and
deadlines for a time. Plus the younger two pups loved the
wide open running space on Sunday morning, when it was mostly deserted so I
turned them loose for a delightful romp.
The river was fabulous and the boat race tons of fun (note to self: more
agile craft needed to brave rapids).
The subtlety competition was also a friendly, low-key re-introduction to
entering SCA competitions.
Being a girl, I have to admit I also loved the shopping opportunities...I
managed to spend money (and acquire an amazing summer weight Elizabethan,
BTW,
and a great pair of serving tongs for future potlucks) in the middle of the
woods.
Thank you to everyone who created this amazing event.
Keep well,
Elspeth
P.S. Hartwood is the size of Scotland? Really?

  _____