[Hartwood] Happy Heritage Fair Demo!

doerksen at island.net doerksen at island.net
Sat Feb 18 19:42:55 PST 2012

Greetings, my lords and my ladies!

Here is a quick report on the Heritage Fair demo in Cumberland held today...

Wonderful demo!

The hall was -great-, and we were able to tell the organizers that we
liked the OAP hall best. They loved the fashion show! Must do that one
again. They loved the fighting, but it would've been nice if we had a
few more fighters to make a bigger "splash". They loved watching the
dancing, though they were a little shy about joining in (so we only
did two dances... they were bransles... easy-peasy!). Aleyn and
Cecille, the music was wonderful!

Both of the DVDs got a lot of watching (thanks to Elspeth and Dori);
do that one again.

The photo booth was a hit! It'll be interesting to see how many people
keep in touch because of it.

I heard many, many conversations about our passions, from the fighting
arts and weapons (Mischa and Thorfinn) to music (Aleyn) to the textile
arts (bobbin lace -and- inkle weaving), and much in between.

Thanks to everyone who participated! Your work in setting up, chatting
up the passers by, and cleaning it all up again was wonderful! I am
certain that many, many people will remember us... for a long, long
time... ?

If you were not there, here are your hard-working compatriots:
Elspeth, Kjartan, Aleyn, Anicia, Marina, Elizabeth, Cecille, Joye,
Cunegunda, Margaritte, Scathach, Mischa, Thorfinn, Meraude (Seagirt!),
Hamish (Seagirt!), Katrina, and Dori. Thank-you for all your efforts!

One more thing... The organizers said another participant suggested we
should have more space for our display! How cool is that!?!

A splendid day, I think! Thank-you!

yours in service,
Halima al-Rakkasa
--