[Hartwood] Hartwood Party Invitation

Carol Hamill hamill at island.net
Wed May 2 08:35:57 PDT 2012

Greetings all

I love a good kitchen party.
I was christened Doireann but I am called Reann, as my mothers name was
also Doireann.  I live in Seagirt now, and as Reann this is the year of
our Lord, 1112, I am content to watch my flowers grow and sometimes
visit my grandchildren.
Today I have visited, many neighbours to remind then that we will will
meet in the town square to trade plants and seeds on Saturday.

As to my background, my parents were born on the Isle of Eire, in the
county of Armagh.  But,  I was born near Duns, in Scotland, in the year
that King Macbeth traveled in pilgrimage to Rome. (1050 CE). My father
was able to attend the King on his journey as he was a minstrel of some
minor fame.  My father Robert Cearbhaill, returned from Rome, much
educated and with such interesting tales to tell that he was sent for a
bishop of the Celtic church at Limerick to recount his journey.  My
mother died of comsumption while my father was away on that trip and
when he returned he was left with two small children and he had pledged
to journey to Spain on pilgrimage, on behave of the sickly Bishop of
Limerick.

I met my husband in Duns, his mother ran a roadside inn called Swinabbey
on the Roman road between Edinburgh and Glasgow. He was educated by the
monks at Lindesfarne. We were married just after the invasion by William
the bastard (of Normandy).  We are always fearful of attack by the
ruthless Normans. I have two daughters  Lalita and Heather  and four
granddaughters.