[Hartwood] Games night and Council

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Sat Nov 17 23:28:52 PST 2012

I probably should have realized when 5 families said they could not make it due to illness, and one with a broken car axel, that the fates were against us.

A car accident blocking the road from Port Alberni was just salt in the wound. :( Really missed everyone from over there, except Zoran and Marcus who actually braved the roads anyway! Thank you to those who showed up, I really enjoyed the company.

For those who weren't able to join us, there are a few things mentioned at the meeting folks should know:

1) Yule (in Nanaimo, Dec 1st) is only two weeks away! Some Potluck dishes we're still looking for include: Winter Salad: Slaw, Bean salad, a Barley dish, Garlic butter, Lemonade, Dessert Tarts. Tickets available from Elspeth, Cunegonda, or Marina. Contact Cunegonda (me!) to reserve a potluck dish, or tell me the choices are lousy and you have a better idea. :)

2) The next Council meeting will be a skype meeting on Thursday, Dec 13th. To keep our bandwidth from totally choking, it's best if people in the different areas get together at a local hub.

3) The shire needs to get together to discuss a proposal to change shire borders and perhaps split groups off. There will be a general meeting on this topic Sunday Jan. 27th, time and place TBA.

4) There will be another games night! Hopefully with less sickness going around. Feb 23rd was the date selected by people there.

Once again, I'm really sorry so many people couldn't make it. :/ We'll play another time!

~ Cunegonda/Danielle