[Hartwood] Minutes October coucil meeting.

John Mail lionsgater at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 17 13:06:46 PST 2012

Council meeting - October 13, 2012
Shire of Hartwood

minutes by Halima

Present: John Mail, Allison Mail, Amber Oaks, Linda J. Doerksen, Danielle Bevan, Susan Hudema, Don Fawthorpe, Taleah Cristea, Zoran, Erin Ada Thomas,

Call to order: 3:40

Minutes of the last meeting: reading if Eliz comes in time, else next meeting

Officer reports:

Archery - practices are currently two times each week; looking at an indoor range; season ends Oct 31; Miranda is master bowman in An Tir for Child; Joye is new, 13 yrs old, and has a 99.5 average, close to grand master for her class.
West Hartwood is now Sundays, and has indoor range (20 yd)

Herald - office still open; SCA mem req; requirements given, and reassurances

MoS - fight practices continuing weekly, no injuries, nothing new

A&S - rpt sent; looking for local coordinators; created a schedule of activities for North Hartwood (had an evening of stick weaving, 2 inkle looms, 1 counter-balance loom)

Chatelaine - written report
"Not a lot to report, sadly.
We had one potential new member come to Armada, with whomI exchanged emailsand arrangedfor costumes to be available at the event. I sent a follow-up email
but have not heard back (however, I was emailing the person's family and not the young man himself.).
I did not meet him because I was not able to get to the event until later in the day.

"Next membership event is a Games Night on November 17 in Parksville, for which I will be donating a door prize and promoting via free classified event ads in
the surrounding area."

Chronicler - looking for articles; no other rpt; release forms posted on Hartwood list

Exchequer - no change from last council ($1908.93 + 5.03 + A/R $500)

Seneschal - summarizes all officer reports; req for memberships from Sarah/Susan; discussion on members

Old Business:
Events
White Court - Dec 1; Danielle (feast org) has flyers (for this and Games); OAP hall is a home, expanded; 4:30-10:30 p.m.; needs from Stores (see Kjartan); need slow cookers

Games - Parksville is "dead zone", and central to all; Nov 17, 5-9 p.m.; smaller portion of much larger hall; Danielle (steward); theme is to hang out and have fun; Susan offered to bring stuff; stuff is needed (see Kjartan); $5 / head as experiment for first time steward; potluck snack; John suggests contacting fighters' list; possibly have Gold Key/Stores; herald consult?; etc.

TUTR - no movement yet

New Business:

Exchequer - Financial Policy, first draft - no response by officers to exchequer's post; will send info directly

Seneschal - received info from Principality re: "issue"; Don indicated a letter is in process

Skype meetings - must communicate better; meeting times posted to Hartwood elist is still best; hubs need to notify availability; scheduling for members still a problem with working shifts; next council at Games, if short;

Danielle - Phone list @ gate, w  addendum

Next meeting @ Games night

Adjournment:  4 p.m.