[Hartwood] Black Knight

jpclark jpclark at shaw.ca
Mon Oct 15 08:24:28 PDT 2012

Hello everyone...  Recovered from overeating at Black Knight yet?
Just want to thank everyone who worked so hard ... Especially the Feastocrat, Lady Fjorleif (who I heard also put in a lot of time on the pouch tokens) and her daughter Meaghan who did scullery duty with efficiency and a smile....and our first time Event Steward lady Symonne  who may eventually recover enough to try it again some day....We appreciate all your hard work ladies... Hazzah!
HL Zoran’s soup and that yummy garlic butter with our bread got the meal off to a good start for me.  I was happy to see the rabbit and goat dishes that went with the second remove as they are less common food items at feasts in these modern middle ages... Not enough goat though    And though the marzipan was a tasty second choice, I really loved those tarts for dessert.  I ate two despite being full to bursting.
The masks competition was fierce and I honestly had a hard time deciding which one I thought should win... So much hard work went into such wonderful masks.  Regarding the cod piece competition... not enough entries for us ladies to check out I’m afraid... and while out two bardic competitors sang beautifully I would like to have heard more.
It was great to see our friends from afar again and I even got to have a laugh and giggle with some old time SCA friends who have not been seen at events for a while.
I did loose a silver and black mask... if anyone found it let me know please....It was my daughters and now I am in the doghouse ... so roll over Tierce
Take care,
Elizabeth