[Hartwood] Fighters attendance/ event functionality rant.

baron.james.llewellyn at gmail.com baron.james.llewellyn at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 18:42:34 PST 2013

This is an ongoing problem in many branches. So many pages, mailing lists, Facebook pages etc with little cohesion between them.  People post stuff willy-nilly and often a lot of information is lost, especially to newcomers.

Every branch should have ONE location established as their MAIN information source whether it is a mailing list, newsletter or some other place. That source should then be listed on all the other out-pages so people know where to get the information that is critical to them. One example is martial groups often have Facebook pages etc and do not post their meeting/practice info to the main list so many who are not regular attendees do not know where to go.

Some help is on the way. An Tir now has a “Social Media Policy” committee which will be drafting acceptable usage for Social Media in An Tir. In the mean time, contact and meeting/practice information should be centralized and your branch Customaries should be updated to reflect the location and name of your main information venue.

It also wouldn't hurt to have a newcomer portal with direction on how to proceed for them.

Baron James Llewellyn ap Gruffydd, OP

Sent from Windows Mail