[Hartwood] Embroiderers & Awards

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Thu Jul 4 00:53:30 PDT 2013

Calling all embroiderers -- I have a project in mind for Fowl War that I'll need help with. If you're good with a needle and willing to stitch up a favour by August 9th, please drop me a line off-list!

The issue of shire awards was brought up at council like, a year ago now? And we still haven't gotten around to figuring things out. I know that people wanted brand new awards, but seeing no movement on that front, I propose we adopt the old Stag Tag, which Mischa also brought up a long time ago, and people seemed positive towards. This is simply an award for fighters who have been carded and have their own armour, which is a pretty big effort all around.

But there are other awards that we should consider -- service, A&S, fighting arts in general -- for archery, we already have tassels in place, for example. We can also promote other things we value, like people who consistently demonstrate a high level of courtesy and chivalry. Awards for children's achievements? I also think it's pretty important to have an award to recognize those from OUTSIDE the shire, who've made great contributions to us.

I don't want to be that person who hijacks an idea as important as how we recognize those we value, but I really, really want to see this get going. :/ So why don't we talk about it, generate some ideas, and maybe bring it up for July council if possible? How far did we get the last time this came up? Please, please weigh in on this, even if your only opinion is 'don't care'.

~ Cunegonda