[Hartwood] Equestrian

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Tue Jun 4 11:11:32 PDT 2013

I know a few folks were interested in looking into Equestrian, now that the principality has an officer. Lookit what class is being offered at Coronet?

~ Cunegonda/Danielle

Sunday 9AM

Introduction to Appreciating SCA Equestrian Arts - Brianna

Tir Righ has a growing Equestrian community, with a particularly Northern flavour! all weekend you'll have seen horses and riders decked out in fantastic barding, weilding wasters, spears and lances, or riding in groups to music: if you are curious about what we've been doing, this is the perfect opportunity to learn more! Come and learn about the various things we do to bring horses to the SCA, and get a better understanding of the games we play and the rules we follow to make them fun and safe for all participants! (Demonstration rides will be by some very familiar people! Sand may be tasted!) This class will feature a brief introductory chat, followed by a narrated series of ridden demonstrations of the games and activities. And finishing with a question and answer period. As well as the basics of riding in the SCA, we will touch on the duties of the Equestrian Marshals, how one qualifies as Ground Crew or to ride, and look at how Tir Righ's nascent program is different than others elsewhere in An Tir. 1.5 hrs, $1.00. Min 3 students, max 20.

Location: by the equestrian display, outside the South western corner of the outdoor arena.