[Hartwood] [Discussion] June Novus Event

Morel Carr Zupanic bear_necessities at telus.net
Sun Mar 17 21:37:32 PDT 2013

Cunegonda wrote:
I mentioned at council that I'd love to run a Novus event June 29-30 in the Nanaimo area. For those who weren't there or didn't hear my explanation, it's a newcomers event where we teach the 10 1-hour TUTR classes that comprise the Novus Diploma, then have a revel/potluck to put it all into practice. I'm hoping for a fighting workshop of some sort as well, for Sunday afternoon/Friday evening.

Attilla has been looking for a place for us to camp (including looking into the cost of biffies if additional). It may be a bit rough, because getting proper campground space in June might be hard so we may be utilizing a field, which may ALSO mean packing in our own water. But hey, it's not like we haven't done that before. (ToA, anyone?)

This sounds absolutely wonderful, and I am requesting the time off.  May I put myself forward to teach the Basic Heraldry class?

Doireann