[Hartwood] Tir Righ June Coronet 2013

John Mail lionsgater at yahoo.com
Mon May 13 20:12:29 PDT 2013

Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 13:06:28 -0700
From: Katya Zhdana Volkova Kievskaya <katyakievskaya at gmail.com>
To: northern at antir.sca.org
Subject: [northern] Tir Righ June Coronet 2013

The sun's warming rays fill all with renewed hope and energy in fair Tir Righ.  Thoughts turn to summer and to the splendor of armor flashing under brilliant blue skies...the trumpeting of equine calls across the grassy field, the snap of bowstrings loosing arrows at their targets, drum beats bold and stirring, beckoning all to attend.

Christian, Prince and fair Hel?ne, Princess, urge fighters to a test of courage, skill and speed in this Coronet with a special no-shield double elimination tourney to determine Their Successors. The final will be sword-and-shield only, best of nine rounds.  Witness history unfolding once more as time comes full circle on this the 10th Anniversary of Tir Righ.

There will be a rapier tournament in the morning, for those quick-of-feet and deft-of-hand.

Archers to the ready....not only will there be a standard 40 yard range for shooting the traditional rounds, but also a treat will be available in the form of the rare York round.  Take advantage of this seldom-seen opportunity.

An equestrian showcase will be happening in the ring - come see what the proud Storm Riders can do and see the fastest growing activity in the principality.

For those yearning to expand their knowledge in arts and sciences, we are planning to hold TUTR classes so get ready for fun and learning.

Merchants with their fine hand-crafted wares will be happy to tempt towards a splurge or provide a much needed piece to complete a kit.

After a grand and majestic court, we'll have another special treat.  At nightfall, we will have a Torchlight Tournament with a custom prize by His Highness.

As the darkness deepens, gather round the fire for a bardic challenge; bards, bring your stories, songs and enthusiasm.

All gentles and groups are encouraged to add to the splendor of the anniversary day of our principality by bringing their heraldry and displaying pieces proudly (please bring poles and portable holes).

Come one and all and help usher in the next decade in Tir Righ!

Tir Righ June Coronet
Shire of Lionsdale
June 7-9, 2013
http://antir.sca.org/Upcoming/?Event_ID=2579