[Hartwood] May Council

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Wed May 15 18:12:46 PDT 2013

May Council will be held in person this Sunday the 19th at the Lighthouse Community Center in Bowser, 1pm - 5pm.

As a reminder, nearly every seat on council is going through a change over. MoS, A&S, Chatelaine, Chronicler and Herald are all available, or coming available. We don't -have- to fill all the seats at the table, but it's nice. ;) If you care about the shire's activities, and want to make certain I don't approve spending our entire bank account on spinning tops, then please consider submitting an application to our Seneschal. (Don't panic, it can be a paragraph or two. What you -really- need is a membership, and a willingness to both learn, and sit on the Financial Committee.)

The Council rarely lasts more than an hour, but they rent in 4 hour blocks... so I suggest we come in garb, bring a snack, some games, some music, some craft projects, and hang out a little afterwards.

Directions (found at their website: http://www.communityhall.ca/)

240 Lions Way in Qualicum Bay in Lighthouse Country
on the East Coast of Vancouver Island

Coming from Qualicum Beach...
Head 10 minutes north along the Old Island Highway - HWY 19
First left after Henry's Kitchen at the Sand Bar Cafe

Coming from Bowser...
Head 5 minutes south along the Old Island Highway - HWY 19
First Right after the Crown and Anchor pub, at the Sand Bar Cafe

Coming from the Inland Hwy...
North of Qualicum Beach exit
Take the Horne Lake exit right down to the Old Island Highway - turn left
Head 2 minutes north along the Old Island Highway - HWY 19
First left after Henry's Kitchen at the Sand Bar Cafe

GPS coordinates
49° 24' 6.34"N, 124° 37' 58.48W" or
Geo Code 49.401761, -124.632911

~ Danielle/Cunegonda