[Hartwood] 2014 Events

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Tue Nov 12 10:36:58 PST 2013

Just a reminder that Nov. council is coming up pretty quickly! November 24th.

Though council is open to any and all, there tends to be a core group of people that show up on the regular, and many others seem to avoid it. That's fine! But it severely limits the number of people we have volunteering for things. Specifically, running events.

We have several events in line for 2014 (We need a few just to maintain shire status.) These are:

April 12-13th (Traditionally a TUTR)
September 12-14th (War; site pre-determined. This is our Tier 1.)
Nov 22 (Our 'winter' event -- Yule/White Court/whatev)

Our August event has been traded this year for Investiture.

Our Financial Policy says these events must have a rudimentary budget by December. But budgets usually get at least one push-back for edits (This is normal! Not personal!) which means we -actually- want to see your first draft by November.

I also want to make it clear that we are in no ways limited to the above events. If you have an event you really want to put on, propose it. Just, propose it on Nov. 24th. Please. Yes, even Yule 2014. Especially Yule 2014. And if you're allergic to council, then email me the proposal and I'll bring it up.

Also something to consider, the three events mentioned above are what fund our yearly expenses. This includes shire-owned items like Iron Key, a pavillion for Gate, and hall rentals for our meetings. We really do need these to happen, guys, but if we get no Stewards stepping up, they'll have to be cancelled.

If you have any questions about putting together an event proposal and budget, please let me know.

~ Cunegonda