[Hartwood] Hartwood Yule

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Wed Nov 13 13:39:11 PST 2013

I apologize for not getting this out sooner -- I was waiting on the menu.

~ A Hartwood Yule ~

Join us for Crafts, Carols, Feasting and Fun
Festive Fashion Contest · Game Tourney · Gifting Tree
Dessert Auction — Proceeds to Tir Righ

4102 Hollywood St, Port Alberni
December 7 ~ 9am - 9pm
$20 Adult · $10 Youth · Children Free · No NMS

Reservations: Cunegonda - 250-898-8781 - dbevan at topfloor.ca
or contact Sextus, Halima or Symonne in person.

Reservation cut-off is December 1st.

Steward: Sextus -- 250-667-2430
Co-Steward/Online contact: Cunegonda -- dbevan at topfloor.ca
Billeting Co-ordinator*: Symonne -- symonne.dubois at gmail.com

*Limited Billeting available.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Schedule
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

9am - Gate Opens
10am-11am Intro Game Class
11am-12:30pm Tables Game Tourney begins*
*Feel free to bring your own games as well!
12:30-1:30pm Picnic Lunch -- bring your own, and perhaps something to share
1:30-4:30pm Games tourney resumes
5:00pm Dancing, Festive Fashion contest winner decided by popular vote
6:00pm Dinner served

Winner of the Tables Game Tourney will be announced during dinner. Our own Hawa will be organizing various craft classes. Spontaneous Carolling may erupt throughout the day!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Gifting Tree and Auction
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The gifting tree is a Hartwood tradition. Bring a small, hand-crafted object to be tied to the tree, and later in the evening pick something that catches your eye to keep.

This year we'll be having a dessert auction, proceeds to go to the Tir Righ Travel Fund. Bring a dessert (if you can) and some cash (definitely bring the cash), and when the time comes band together with your table-mates to bid on something to share.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Festive Fashion
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Have that Green and Red doublet in the back of a closet somewhere? A gown with carbuncle embroidery everyone thinks are snowflakes? Or perhaps you simply enjoy holly-themed accessories? It's time to dig out your favourite Yule-tide best, to show off to the world. Though documentation isn't required, we're a curious bunch and would love to know all about your creation. The winner will be by popular choice later in the evening.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Games

The Tables Tourney will be based on a seven player tables variant known as 'Astronomical Tables'. Competitors will be able to come and go throughout the day, challenging others as they feel like without interrupting their socializing. If 7 players cannot be found, the game can be played simply by skipping sections. (Though 7 players is much more fun!) Scores will be based on number of captured pieces over the day.

If you don't know how to play, don't worry! The rules are simple. Cunegonda will be available to explain the rules at any time, but additionally there will be an hour long 'Introduction to Medieval Games' class at 10am which will touch on it.

Even if you aren't participating in the Tourney itself, there will be plenty of games available for anyone to play -- or bring your own.

Lunch and the Feast

Lunch is a bring-your-own affair, and perhaps a little something to share with others. Access to the kitchen will be limited, unfortunately. As always, Tea, Coffee and lemonade will be available throughout the day.

Feast menu will include chicken stew, a beef roast, and hearty winter vegetables.