[Hartwood] Fwd: [rocks] [Seagirt] Goods For Sale!

doerksen at island.net doerksen at island.net
Mon Apr 7 12:12:00 PDT 2014

In Victoria, but for those who need some gear...

Halima
--
http://www.island.net/~doerksen/

----- Forwarded message from lady.aline at live.com -----
     Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 23:13:24 -0700
     From: Aline Blakwode <lady.aline at live.com>
  Subject: [rocks] [Seagirt] Goods For Sale!
       To: "rocks at antir.sca.org" <rocks at antir.sca.org>

Good evening, gentles all!
Let it be known that I, Aline Blakwoode, have an assortment of fine
wares for sale!
Some are new; some are things of mine no longer used; all are in good order.
I shall tell you of some of them here, and I shall begin to bring them
to Seagirt's Dance Practices, starting this week.

Do you lack the utensils that folk call Feast-Gear? Do you wish you
had a fine plate from which to dine, a good eating-knife, a soft
napkin to wipe your fingers?
Fear not!  I have ready THREE SETS OF FEAST-GEAR, all quite fine, that
may be purchased for $10 or $15. Each includes a plate, bowl, spoon,
two-pronged fork, knife with sheath, and cloth napkin, in a sturdy,
washable drawstring carrying-bag.
[Available: Three sets of Feast Gear, each of which would pass the
"Ten Foot Rule," i.e. look appropriate for use in any SCA context.
They are:
One "Basic" Feast Set - as described above, with a wooden trencher
plate, plain napkin, and cardboard knife sheath, $10.
Two "Deluxe" Feast Sets - as described above, with metal plates,
slightly embellished napkins, and hand-stitched leather knife sheaths,
$15.]

Do you love finery and wish to add to your wardrobe (or the wardrobe
of some lady close to your heart)?
Fear not!  I have ready A GOWN OF BLUE BROCADE TRIMM'D WITH GOLD
SATIN, most cunningly made and delightfully elegant, that may be
purchased for $75. It is in a High Medieval style but could be worn
with other garments, or altered, to suit one's need. It has narrow
sleeves, not very long, and does have a train.
[Available: one single-layer jacquard dress, deep grey-blue in colour
(really pretty if I may say so) with a cowl of satiny yellow material
at the neck which I believe is meant to mimic an "overflowing" inner
smock. The cowl is tacked on & could easily be removed. Made from a
modified Simplicity (or similar) pattern; fantasy-esque, but made for
SCA use, and could easily be modified to look more period, for example
by wearing a surcote or sideless surcote with it, and/or by shortening
or otherwise adjusting the sleeves. Closes with a zipper at the back.
Would suit a slender-to-medium-built lady of 5'4" or slightly taller
without hemming, or a shorter lady with hemming. Asking $75.]

Do you delight in ornaments and fripperies?
Fear not!  Also for the wardrobe, I have ready A BLUE BROCADE PURSE to
hang at your belt; a LADY'S RED HEAD-DRESS with a white veil, somewhat
in the style of a French Hood; a RED AND GOLD FABRIC CIRCLET
HEAD-DRESS with a white veil; and TWO LARGE HAND-PAINTED FANS, one the
colour of the Summer Sky and one the colour of the Sunset. All for sale!
[Asking $3.50 for the small purse and for each of the fans, and $7 and
$8.50 for the headdresses.]

Do you wish to please a child with a charming toy?
Fear not!!  I have ready some delightful little KNITTED OWLS made of
sturdy yarn, with eyes of soft felt, for $8 apiece. (The good Lady
Lettice Talbott can well attest to their charm, as she has seen them
already.)
[Available: Adorable handmade stuffed toy owls, knitted from
(synthetic) yarn and stuffed with felt and fabric scraps. Eyes are
made of felt, so no choking hazard - suitable for young children. Not
sturdy enough to be used as pet toys. Asking $8 each.]

If I should hear requests from members of the populace for specific
items before I go to Dance on Tuesday, I will ensure that those items
are set aside for those who asked.
(I will do my best to check for messages, but I must mention that I am
unlikely to be able to check after about 4 PM on Tuesday.) Otherwise,
please approach me at Dance and inquire! I will set some of the items
out for people to look at, but the Feast Sets will not be on display -
in order to ensure they stay together, clean & in good order before
sale - so ask me if you desire to purchase or examine one of them.

Many thanks!
Lady Aline Blakwode

----- End forwarded message -----