[Hartwood] Fwd: [rocks] Seagirt Baronial Polling Information

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Thu Mar 13 23:46:44 PDT 2014

Seagirt's support of Hartwood cannot be over-valued, and so our relationship with their Baron/ Baroness is quite important. Seagirt is in the process of selecting a new pair to take the baronial seat, and we should keep at least half an eye on what's going on down there.

It's the last section of this forwarded message, Non-residents of Seagirt, that may be of interest to us -- especially as we have several Seagirtian ex-pats amongst us. The two candidate pairs are, in no particular order:

Morgaine Essex & Hucbald ap Urp
Letitia Talbot & Connall MacLagmayn

Their resumes can be found here: http://seagirt.antir.sca.org/baronial%20campaign/baronial%20candidates.htm

At investiture I spoke with Letitia and Morgaine, putting them on the spot with no preparation at all (because I'm terrible that way) and asked them what they thought of island unity. Both want to travel more; Letitia would like to see more friendly competition, perhaps games and sports between us. Morgaine would like to work to encourage more pomp and circumstance, to create that magical atmosphere. This isn't to say that one wouldn't pursue both ideas, but this was the first thing that popped to their minds. It's two very different focuses, both of them valuable.

So if you have a strong opinion one way or another, speak with them at Daffodil, and write to the King and Queen (CC the Prince and Princess.)

~ Cunegonda

Begin forwarded message: