[Hartwood] NMS Changes

Danielle Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Wed Aug 19 12:03:15 PDT 2015

I considered just bringing this to the Council, but this is a Policy clarification that will affect everyone... so I thought I'd let you all know. Non-Member Surcharges (NMS) just became more common.
As it turns out, we've been doing NMS wrong, as a Kingdom, for a very long time. NMS is to be charged on all events that have 1) a Site Fee, and 2) have had advertisement published at any level, either in print or electronically.
This includes practices and other meetings with a mandatory fee.
We are asked to update our practices starting in September, which means our Camping event will have NMS. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but hey — an Associate Membership is only $30/year!

~ Cunegonda
Exchequer, Hartwood