[Hartwood] Council

D Bevan dbevan at topfloor.ca
Sun Sep 18 21:01:05 PDT 2016

September Council, Seneschal's notes:

We're happy to announce that 2017 Spring University of Tir Righ Session will be held in Nanaimo. Pending the Navy League's approval, we hope to have the same site again for this year.
We're also pleased to announce that the position of A&S Mistress has been filled. Lady Sigrún <https://www.facebook.com/lisa.simpson.corlett> has agreed to step up into the job at our AGM. Seneschal, Master of Stables, and Master of Blades continue to look for successors.
Travel has been approved for two individuals to carpool to the Exchequer/Seneschal symposium in Oregon, in November. Should I have a deputy by that point, I will be sending them. Deadline is October Council (Though you had better have your passport/enhanced ID at that point) to get in on the excellent leadership training and networking this offers. They manage to make complicated things seem simple!
The office of Chief Scribe has been established. Mistress Halima was appointed on the fly, and it is because of her efforts that so many individuals were adequately inspired to produce those charters and tokens. There is a budget that has been approved to create loaner equipment (scribal gold key?) so beginners may try their hand at painting charters for the Shire, Principality, or Kingdom.

Finally, Lady Symonne is looking for some assistance for Yule.

TOKENS:  I am need some ideas for tokens and someone to make them.  Please contact me if  you are willing to do them and we will discuss.

PRIZES: I would love to have a couple of Prizes for a Filk contest I am hoping will get some entries.

DECORATION: I have some idea's for decorations but would love to hear from others if they have ideas as well.  Please send me any ideas you may have.  I am hoping the painted walls will be there (Aline?)

GIFT EXCHANGE: The Christmas gift exchange will be happening again.  I would like to have someone to head this up on the night of just to make sure it is done fairly.

DETAILS:

The event will be held at Errington Hall. The feast will be a potluck; Judy will be organizing and will post closer to the date. Dogs are permitted in the hall, but must be on leash.

Activities include:
- the Bardic Championship
- awarding of the Craftsman Championship (held previously at TUTR)
- a for-fun bardic competition (SCA filk done to a christmas tune; the filk does not need to be christmas/yule related although it must be SCA)
- an A&S competition (an item representing your culture’s Winter Festival symbol)
- Gwynafel’s largess challenge
- Gift Exchange
- Possible winter tourney, depending on interest
- awarding of the Exemplar
- awarding Tokens
- Membership Treasure Chest draw

The event Steward and her team will post more about it as it comes up, but that’s a pretty full schedule right there!

Yours,

Cunegonda van den Bossche
Seneschal of Hartwood