[tirrigh-heralds] L'Etoile d'Argent renaming

Quentin Martel quentin at shittimwoode.org
Tue Jun 12 21:01:07 PDT 2007

Staying in conflict -

Pros:
1. We don't have to change our award name.

2. We're a long, long way from Trimaris. There are exactly 9 people living
in An Tir who hold Trimarian awards. Listed below for trivia buffs
Abigail MacLachlan the Mad - Wealdsmere
Dafydd ap Emrys - Blatha An Oir
Duncan Angus Macdonald - Aquaterra
Jhone MacLachlan - Wealdsmere
Katerina Isabella di Firenze - Dragon's Mist
Lorcan ab Arthur - Dragon's Mist
Mary Shandril Fergueson Germain - Blatha An Oir
Shalimariah Galistene - Dragon's Laire
Thamzine of the North Sea - Blatha An Oir

3. It's pretty easy to ask

Cons:
1. We won't have our own unique award name

2. The idea of registering is that we have unique names

3. We're not really committed to the current name at this point. Tir Righ
would accept a change especially in light of direct conflict.

Am I missing any pros or cons? Please let me know. That's largely what this
list is all about - getting the real information in front of us so decisions
can be made quickly and properly.

- Quentin Silver Yale