[tirrigh-heralds] Consulting herald

Judy Harcus jdharcus at telus.net
Tue Aug 5 22:13:05 PDT 2008

Tomas, how do you feel about a two-color background such as quarterly
azure and sable?  This might make it easier to come up with a simple
design that is free from conflicts.  I'd like to have someone
double-check me (there's a lot of devices with birds to check against)
but at the moment it looks like "Quarterly sable and azure, an eagle
displayed, wings inverted within a double tressure argent" may be
clear.  A double tressure is similar to a border but instead of a solid
band, it's two narrow bands inset a bit from the edge.  Here's a device
that has one: http://www.badger.cx/heraldry/roll/display.php?id=507
In service,
Alicia le Wilfulle