[tirrigh-heralds] per pale vert and sable... conflict check please

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Fri May 30 04:02:56 PDT 2008

> If someone could please confirm my findings.  I have checked 'per
> pale vert and sable', daisy and daisies and did not see anything that
> looked like it conflicted.

You need to be using the Index to the online Ordinary for a thorough
conflict check.  Unfortunately, its location is something of a CoA
secret (I'm working on getting that taken care of).  Always start
here:
http://oanda.sca.org/ordinary/index.html

It's alphabetical - just look up the charge you need.  D for Daisy or
Flower - Daisy both send you to Flower - Multipetaled.

> the proposed device is (sorry, my blazoning is very rusty): "per pale
> vert and sable" with a ring of daisy flowers (my client has drawn 9)
> "argent seeded Or".
>
> The only thing that I could find that was even close was:
> Alexander Neep - The following device associated with this name was
> registered in July of 2004 (via the Middle): Per pale vert and sable,
> five bezants in annulo two, two and one.  I do know know if a yellow
> or gold circular disk conflicts with a silver daisy or not.

Yup, you're rusty. :)

X.2. - both armories qualify and the type of every primary charge has
been changed.
http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/regs.html
Another one to add to your bookmark file and re-read.  Welcome back,
jump on in, the water's fine.

Let me see about this.  Per pale vert and sable, daisies in annulo argent.
(Six and higher numbers get zilch difference, sans nombre gets drawn
as seven or more usually, so the exact number doesn't need to be
blazoned and indeed shouldn't be if it's over eight.)

Flowers might get a CD for type but not X.2. so check all multipetaled
flowers in any number on a matching field,  in numbers over six (five
is different from eight or more...) on any field, then check all other
types of flowers in numbers over six (on any field because difference
between flower types is not always straightforward and you shouldn't
assume anything until you find all possibilities and check precedents
to be sure).

It might also be possible that a daisy is not substantially different
from an estoile, or a sun.  Oog, yeah, definitely sun.

So I checked all the flowers, estoiles and suns.  I suspect it's clear.

- Teceangl
--
Heraldry is designed to be easily reproduced by anyone who sees the arms. -
http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/clichelist.html