[tirrigh-heralds] crosses

Wulfstan Hrafnsson wulfstan.hrafnsson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 17:43:54 PDT 2010

Hi all,

Just double-checking a badge for our Shire and came across something that
hadn't occurred to me until just now: what's the conflict ruling on
different types of crosses?  For instance - and this is the salient bit -
would a *cross formy quadrate sable *conflict with a *cross of Santiago
sable*?  They're quite visually different - the cross formy being
equal-armed, for a start - but that's not always a sufficient difference.
Both badges would be fieldless.  The potential conflict is in the West, so
if I can track him down I can probably get permission to conflict (since
it's unlikely his badge would be confused with that of a shire in Tir Righ),
but I'd rather clear it if possible.

Thanks!

Wulfstan