[tirrigh-heralds] My Name, Device and Badge: My thoughts and findings so far - PART 2 - DEVICE

Teceangl tierna.britt at gmail.com
Thu May 13 09:34:12 PDT 2010

> Now, I know the Cover Letters, et c, are the sort of thing that the
> registration heralds and Laurel Sovereign of Arms and staff will review - is
> it stuff that I should be including as documentation with my submission (or
> would as the consulting herald doing someone else's arms)?  Or should I just
> leave it for them to find, or what?

You might want to include that ruling I pulled up for the CD, since
even I had to go hunt it up and others might argue _for_ conflict
without proof that type only change to the bottommost charge can get a
CD. (I'm being very, very arrogant here. I hardly know it all but do
tend to think if it's a precedent and I didn't easily remember it it
might be something less than generally known.  Or maybe I should just
go soak my head. :) )

If there is little doubt, such as the fact Laurel consistently rules
that neck treatment is not worth difference, don't bother.  But if
there's some niggling ruling that you had to search up because it's
not used very often, or there could be discussion in commentary that
tends to be not in your favor because the rules aren't clear (since
this situation is not covered in the RfS), include it to forestall the
slim possibility that nobody _else_will look it up and you get an
erroneous return.  It's rare, but can occur.

Precedents from LoARs and CLs are Appendix H sources, just copy &
paste the info onto a sheet of paper with your forms.  Lions Blood
will then include the information on both the Internal Letter of
submissions which is reviewed in-kingdom on our OSCAR Jr system, and
also the Letter of Intent sent to the College of Arms for
pre-registration review.

- Teceangl
--
KWHSS website: http://kwhss.sca.org