[tirrigh-heralds] Kingdom Herald position opening

HL Anthony Hawke anthony.hawke at shaw.ca
Wed Jan 18 18:42:08 PST 2012

Greetings unto the Heralds and Populace of the Kingdom of An Tir.

My term as Black Lion Principal Herald is drawing to a close, and I will
be stepping down at July Coronation this coming summer.  To that end, I
am seeking my successor., and will be accepting applications until *May
1st, 2012*.  This will give me time to go over the applications, ask any
pertinent questions, confer with the other recipients and the winners of
the May Crown Tournament before announcing the winner of the competition
on or about the 1st of June, 2012.

The term of Office is 2 years, beginning at July Coronation 2012 to be
held in the Barony of 3 Mountains.

Applications should be sent directly to my personal SCA mailbox
(anthony.hawke at shaw.ca) and CC'd to The An Tir Royal mailbox
(king at antir.sca.org), the An Tir Seneschal's mailbox
(seneschal at antir.sca.org), as well as the mailbox of Laurel Sovereign of
Arms (laurel at heraldry.sca.org).

The successful applicant should possess the following:

  * Good organizational and administrative skills.
  * A clear understanding of Kingdom Law, Corpora and the Administrative
    Handbook.
  * A good working knowledge of the functions and procedures of the An
    Tir College of Heralds.
  * The understanding and expectation to attend 5 events per year --
    both Crown Tourneys, 12th Night, July Coronation and the annual
    Kingdom Heraldic Symposium as required by Kingdom Law.
  * The understanding and requirement to report quarterly.
  * Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to manage to
    personnel that comprise the An Tir College of Arms.

I would like to see included in each application a cover letter, a
mundane resume and an SCA resume.  Depending on the number of
applications, I may conduct telephone interviews, or send emails for
further clarification.

Good luck to the applicants!

(CC: TRMs Ieuan and Gwyneth, Master Ljotr Einarsson, Master Gabriel
Kjotvason)

--
In Service to the Crown and College of Heralds of An Tir,
Anthony Black Lion; GdS, AA, WOAW