[tirrigh-heralds] Dimidiation question (was: Received AA, now I need A)

Basil BasilD at lavabit.com
Thu Jun 6 20:21:42 PDT 2013

On 6/6/2013 5:07 PM, Anthony Hawke, GdS wrote:
> On 6/6/2013 5:01 PM, Basil wrote:
>>
>> A question for one and all: SENA does not mention dimidiation: are
>> we not considering whether-or-not a proposal/submission looks like
>> it's dimidiated?
>>

>> ~~Basil Dragonstrike
>
> Wouldn't dimidiation be treated  the same (for all intents and
> purposes) as marshalling?  It was an earlier form of the practise,
> after all.

Consider, for example:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7432/8956996946_6a5ca61902_o.jpg

That could not be impaled, but it could be dimidiated. Now consider
SENA A.6.F.1.c and A.6.F.3.c. These say that having a charge or
charges straddle the palar line removes the appearance of marshalling.

This looks like dimidiation is being ignored, but I wonder if that's
the intention.

BTW, 'Runescope', ignore this. Just some heralds geeking out. ;-)

~~Basil Dragonstrike

Erō mītis cum sim mortuus.

Peritia zmaragdus est; sapientia adamās est. Comparāvistine impensae
eārum nūper?

Disobedience is Mandatory!