[tirrigh-heralds] My Arms design, take 3

Basil BasilD at lavabit.com
Fri Jun 7 14:21:05 PDT 2013

On 6/7/2013 12:05 PM, Runescope wrote:

{snip}

> I don't want it to end up too busy again though.

When we talk about complexity, we're talking about the number of
tinctures used, plus the number of *types* of charges. Both the
examples you've provided have two tinctures (argent and sable) and
three types of charge (sun, tower, bordure). Thus, a total complexity
count of 5.

*As a rule of thumb*, a complexity count of more than 8 is considered
too complex. Well arranged devices above that complexity count have
passed in the past, and badly arranged submission with lesser
complexity counts have been returned.

 > What say the heralds?  The
> three tower variation or the two?

As you wish. :-)

~~Basil Dragonstrike

And it's only the giving that makes you, what you are. -- J. Tull

There IS more than one way to skin a cat, but they all leave you with
a dead cat. -- B. Dragonstrike

THIS LIFE IS ONLY A TEST.
In the event of a Real Life you would be told where to go and what to do.
THIS IS A TEST. REPEAT: THIS IS ONLY A TEST.