[Hartwood] sewing tip for books

Amber jademagpye at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 21:27:47 PDT 2011

Lady Sorcha told me about this one.  She uses a curved quilting needle to sew her signatures.  I tried it and it cut a hour and a half from my usual sewing time per book.  They just slip around the last kettle stitch very neatly.
The needles are sharp so you need to dull them with a sharpening stone or file.  I found mine at our local quilting shop so those of you in larger communities should have no trouble locating some.

Marina

p.s. For those of you coming to the Potluck A&S on Wednesday evening, Will is going to demonstrate arrow making.  Just a preview of his tUTR course for next spring