[Hartwood] Fw: [rocks] Seagirt Gentle Arts Event

John Mail lionsgater at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 16:34:30 PST 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Morgaine Essex <morgaine at ramst.ca>
To: Rocks <rocks at antir.sca.org>; Northern Road An Tir SCA <northern at antir.sca.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:10:02 PM
Subject: [rocks] Seagirt Gentle Arts Event

As we bask in the glow that was Yule, it is now time to turn our thoughts to the Gentle Arts Event in January in which the new Arts & Sciences and Bardic Champions will be decided. (There may also be some archery happening at another venue that weekend. I know, not so gentle but we may shoot at gentle things, like stuffies. More details will follow when I have them.)

The competition will be held January 18th, 2014 at the Glentana Rec Centre, 1507 Glentana Rd Victoria, British Columbia V9A 4K1.
All entries must be related to the competitors persona. A short (flash card size) bio or description of your persona will be required. If you don’t have a persona as of yet, pick a time period. A short persona bio will still be required for the time period chosen.
What is required is thus:
A&S:
3 entries:...
An Art (any medium), documentation required
A Science (any medium), documentation required
An Art or a Science no documentation required as this can be an unfinished piece.
Bardic:
Period piece (no more than 5 mins), documentation required
SCA’esque piece (no more than 5 mins): period style but SCA related, documentation on the period style required.
Pure Fun (no more than 5 mins), do something that tickles your fancy. Does not have to be period but must be at least SCA related, no documentation required.
Single entries are also encouraged. You can come and just show off or we can offer feedback. I want to encourage as many people as possible to come and show off their talents.
The site has a very strict no alcohol policy. Please don’t bring any with you.
After the competitions, we will have a potluck dinner and dancing to celebrate!

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Cheers
HL Morgaine Essex
AoA, GdS, JdL, Pillar, l’Etoile, Seagull, Silent Harp, Rock (X2), Baronial Favour, Torch & Key, Sable Scrivener
Scholars Candidate, etc.
Barony of Seagirt