[Hartwood] Minutes for March 17/13 Hartwood Council

jpclark jpclark at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 17 19:46:38 PDT 2013

    I am sending these minutes to the list minus certain officer reports since I am still waiting for most of the last meetings reports (hint hint), let alone this month’s reports.

   If everyone remembers to send me their reports before the meeting, my life is easier and the minutes will actually be complete when I post them to the List.

Thank you,

Elizabeth

                                                                                                                   Hartwood Council March 17/13

Attending: Sara, Scathach, John St. John, Mary St. John, Edward, Julienne, Zoran, Fjorleif, Symonne, Marina, Elizabeth, Attila, Thorfin, Sextus, Aline, John, Cunnegonda, Halima , Sgain, Mischa

Meeting Start:  6:17

Minutes: John motions accept minutes as read (Sara 2nd) – passed

Upcoming TUTR Event : Halima: Website is online need people setup and cleanup, contact Event Steward if any questions

Port Alberni:

Will be presenting a proposal to hold summer event at castle setup – we have paperwork – changed to Symonne will be Event Steward

Fjorleif: West Hartwood – starting on A&S project – Thursday Evening first meeting

Nanaimo :

Thorfin – Stepping down as of May 1st – MoS

Combat arrows being made

Coombs:

Still doing archery-  May 19th Golden Arrow - Household Event

Courtenay :

Cunnegonda – website design will change new social media regulations – if want to use Facebook or Twitter need to follow regulations – Officers have Twitter accounts and people will see that we are active.  Every time you hold a meeting tweet.  Will give a try and see how it goes .  Cunnegonda will upgrade website.  Council meetings – skype meetings suck – Lighthouse Community Hall Bowser site has cheap rent – Council meetings on Sunday afternoon – 1 hour drive – Port Alberni Agrees, Naniamo Agrees, Courtenay: Yes and Coombs: yes

Cunnegonda Motions to book the site for next four months for Sunday.  Passed

Regarding Split: Need to reiterate… Kingdom Polling officer – letter comes to Hartwood council , discussed – if passes council goes to crown – members only

Want to do Newcomers Novus Diplma Night– June 29th to 30 – Camping event – classes taught for diploma 10 courses – give people broad range of understanding of how SCA functions – Instructors willing to teach contact her – list of courses will be put on email

Officers Reports:

Mail reports to Elizabeth before meeting

Archery :

There isn't much to report since my last report in January. The weather has not cooperated to allow us to shoot outdoors yet.

I was asked to run an archery tournament at Investiture in Seagirt in February. We had a nice turn out and the weather actually was perfect or shooting.

I've been approached by some your fighters in South Hartwood who are wanting to start to shoot combat archery. I have contacted Baron James and Magnus from Seagirt to assist me with this as neither John nor I are Senior Marshals for Combat Archery. I have not heard back from them.  I have, however, offered to travel down to teach them how to shoot, if we are able to find a suitable place, even a garage would do.

We will have to purchase some targets for the upcoming season. John and I will be fixing up the butts in preparation for the start of the season.

Aline de Seez

Chief Archer

Shire of Hartwood

Motion: to spend $50 to purchase target – Cunnegunda 2nd – passed

Many Hartwoodians participated: Joye made into 2nd round

Chatelaine and Herald Offices are still open – 3 containers of garb etc that need to go somewhere

MoS – Need Written report

Halima explain procedures for selling items from iron key. Need to make inventory. Will make arrangement- Need a budget for repairs – need to make list of repairs needed.  Bring for next month’s council

Exchequer: $2387.90 will change as event comes up.  Put financial policy into newsletter.

 Need reports etc for newsletter for next Friday  - 22nd March

This is just to let you know that I am stepping down as Hartwood's
exchequer. Those interested in the position should forward their
resume and cover letter to seneschal at hartwood.tirrigh.org -and-
exchequer at hartwood.tirrigh.org. When it is received, I will send you a
note to that effect; if you do not get a note, it has gone astray.
Deadline: March 30/13.

Seneschal: Need Written Report

Elizabeth Requests: Please send monthly reports before meeting

Courtenay:  Cunnegunda Request– Publish minutes on List

Meeting Adjourned  7: